Harrison : One Month Old

Holy cow...doesn't seem possible that Mr. Harrison arrived a month ago today.  He's been quite a blessing to us and aside from the obvious anatomy differences to big sister Selah, he's totally different from her.  He's looking more like me every day (from what I'm told by several people), which I find kinda humorous because whereas he came out with blond hair and looks like me, Selah had my afro-licious dark hair at birth but looked exactly like Dan.  He is pretty chill and really only gets upset when it's time to eat.  And boy can this kid eat!  In 2 weeks, he'd gained 2 pounds.  Each time he got weighed by either his pediatrician or my midwife, I got incredulous looks and exclamations of 'whoa'.  I'm really curious to see how much he weighs when I go in for my 6 week all-clear with the midwife in a couple weeks.  He was given the nickname of The Hulk when I was pregnant with him and it looks like he's definitely living up to it so far.  He's doing amazing at nursing and I'm pretty stoked that I am as well.  It was such a struggle for Selah and I so I'm pleased with each day that I can provide for the little man. 

Harrison definitely loves to be snuggled and held.  I'm more than okay with that because I can certainly tell you that this time goes by far too quickly.  When it comes to sleeping at night, he's been having some good stretches lately.  The last 3-4 nights have been awesome for me as he will go from about his last feeding at 9:30 and then wake up anywhere from 2:30-3:30.  That's like a vacation for mama!  I think he got my vibes of 'please be a good sleeper' while in the womb ;)  He's also much more serious than Selah was.  He always seems to have a furrowed, deep thinking brow going on.   I'm definitely more serious but here's hoping he picks up my dry, sarcastic (and sometimes inappropriate) sense of humor too.

Happy One Month little man...we love you!


No comments