Harrison : 6 Months Old



Weight & Height: He had his 6 month appointment today and weighs in at 19 pounds 4 ounces and 27.5" long.  That puts him at 80th percentile for weight and 90th for height.  We don't make short babies apparently because Selah was 93rd last year.  

Health & Milestones: He rolled over for the first time the day before he turned 5 months, which I had mixed feelings about.  Rolling over is a big deal in the movement world but also comes with the utter frustration of not being able to roll back.  Thus ensues lots of screaming.  Usually around 2AM.  And 3AM.  And maybe 4AM for good measure.  Thankfully he was able to figure out getting his roly poly self back over.

Sleep: Sleep had been much better but with the new life skill of rolling over and not getting back, we were back to the up 1-3 times a night shenanigans again.  He goes to bed around 6:30PM and will wake around 6-6:30.  Still has the cat nap in the morning, long nap in the afternoon and possibly another cat nap right before dinner time.

Personality: Oh my word, this boy is so happy.  As long as he has food and sleep, he's pretty chill.  I love the way his smile lights up his face!

Diet: Despite my best efforts, my supply has been taking a major hit.  Guarantee that having been sick and sleep deprived for a month-ish is to blame again but the fact that I was completely empty at 4 months with Selah and I'm still able to give Harrison some breastmilk during the day at 6 months makes me happy. 

Clothes: Still in 6-9 month clothes but those are getting tight, especially when it comes to onesies.  I'd thought about buying the snap extenders but let's be honest, it's getting harder to cram his thick arms up through the arm holes now too so I bet 9-12 month clothes aren't too far off.  

Likes: Pretty much anything; he's really laid back.  Thankfully he likes most everyone and can be held by others besides Mom and Dad without flipping out.

Dislikes: Delaying food or sleepy time.  Don't blame him ;)

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, sweet baby cheeks! I am so in love! This makes me incredibly anxious for our little man to get here, look at that sweet smile!!

    xo!
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little nervous finding out I was having a boy after having my daughter but ohmygoodness, little boys are the sweetest thing. Don't know what I'd do without him Can't wait to see your little man!

      Delete