A Couple Favorites

I used to be a diehard customer of a certain worldwide coffee shop conglomerate and was visiting a little too often for my bank account's taste while picking up a caramel frap or chai.  I tricked myself into thinking I wasn't really spending that much money there by adding money to my personalized gold card and just paying that way.  News flash...you're still spending money there, genius.  So I stopped going so frequently for awhile and in the meantime, found a cheaper, and somewhat better, alternative.  A new McDonald's opened up near us and we received a bunch of freebie coupons in the mail.  Yes McDonald's...don't shriek and run away.  There was one for a free small Frappe, which is McD's version of the conglomerate's frapuccino. So I decided on a caramel Frappe and let me just say, the golden arches wins over coffee conglomerate.  The caramel Frappe has more of a caramel-y flavor and price wise, it's much cheaper too!  Win win if you ask me.

Our neighborhood has a seriously awesome grocery store.  It's one of the largest in the state and has a home department, jewelry store and a natural health department.  It's almost as bad as Target when it comes to sucking your purse dry.  They have a great selection of organic and natural items which is great for those times when I want to step it up a little.  But let's be honest people, I just said I go to McDonald's so I'm not going nuts with the organic ;)  I was in dire need of a bottle of water during one trip so I hit up the refrigerated beverage section and saw this interesting little bottle.
 
I'm sure you've heard how chia seeds are the newest super food...added to the list of 'you're killing yourself slowly if you aren't taking these rightthisverysecond' foods.  They have a few flavors and I love pretty much cherry anything so I grabbed the Cherry Chia and gave it a try.  The flavor is more subtle real cherries; not eye crossing super sweet cherry Slurpee flavor.  The texture is...interesting, shall we say.  Apparently chia seeds make this gel when in liquid so if feels like you're swallowing little balls of gelatin.  If you're totally freaked out by weird textures, I might not recommend this stuff but I kinda like it and I'm getting a little dose of super foody goodness in this bottle.  Even if I am going to McDonald's.

No comments