Oops We Did It Again!

So now that you have the awesome 90's Britney Spears hit stuck in your head (you're welcome), it does look like we will be adding another little bambino to the Brown clan in 2014.  We found out the night before my birthday so I'll just say it was on my birthday because, ya know.  I'd been having a couple symptoms that led me to believe that just maybe somethin' may be going on in the baby oven.  Symptoms that I didn't have with Selah until well into the pregnancy but apparently they decided to grace me with their presence nice and early.  Things like being awake in the middle of the night for no earthly reason and not even Pinterest or Facebook will put you back to sleep.  Or the complete eruption of pimples on my chin so awful I could feel them coming days beforehand.  You know the ones...the kind you accidentally bump and they bring tears to your eyes.  Hello 15 year old me all over again! 

So the night before my birthday, I was at an appointment about 45 minutes away and on my way back I realized that no I could not wait until the morning to find out whether or not I was preggo but also that I didn't want to drive 10 miles out of the way to the grocery store to pick up a test.  So I did what any sane and completely rational woman would do...I stopped at the 7-11 near my house.  I'm 34 years old for crying out loud and I was so nervous to walk up to the counter and pay for the stupid thing.  I stood in the aisle for way too long, contemplating whether or not I should make some witty remark about my purchase or point out that I had a ring on and was in fact married.  Thankfully some shred of common sense smacked me upside the head and I said nothing other than 'thank you' and 'good night'.  I get home and Dan had no idea that I had a pregnancy test stuffed in my pocket.  Why didn't I tell him what I was doing?  Well, I'm apparently super immature at 34 but I've also taken my fair share of tests in a moment of panic since Selah's been born that I wanted to make sure this wasn't another waste of $8 before I said something.  I hadn't even flushed the toilet and that bad boy was positive for shore. 


 I was excited coupled with OMG I'm gonna have 2 kids and we're not just trying anymore.   We told a couple close friends right away that we see frequently and might be wondering why I wasn't paying attention to their conversation and instead talking myself through not barfing all over them.  Morning sickness with your first child and morning sickness with your 2nd are totally different.  With Selah, I worked from home so I could sleep my nausea and exhaustion away.  With this one, you don't really get that luxury when you have a toddler getting into every possible thing in the house and inhaling animal cookies like they're going out of style. There may have been more than one occasion of head against the shower wall, praying to God to just get me through that day.  And thankfully I'm on the other side of the death warmed over days.  While I'd had something more elaborate planned when it came to the baby announcement via the Internet (because you know you can't have some lame-o announcement to your friends and 'friends'), we decided to go with this announcement that I came up with while Selah and I were in California recently.  And I think it's way better than what I had planned.

So let the fun begin again!


1 comment