Quick Dinner Recipe : Margherita Naan

I'm all for dinner recipes that are quick, easy and taste good.  I really don't want to be spending over an hour getting something ready to eat unless it's a special occasion like Christmas or Easter.  Like the time I spend THREE hours trying to make a PF Chang's recipe for dinner.  Yeah, that's not happening again in this lifetime.

We have naan pizzas on regular rotation for dinners around here.  Usually it's a pepperoni and mozzarella naan but I decided to change it up a bit this time with a margherita recipe.  Whoa...gettin' crazy over here I know.  I perused handy ol' Pinterest and came across some varieties I liked and got to work.

We buy the Stonefire mini naans from Costco.  There's 18 in a pack for around $5-6.  It's a screaming deal considering our local grocery store sells a 2 pack for $3.  I'll let you do the math on that one.

Here's the deets:

Mini Margherita Naan Pizza

Ingredients
  • mini naan pizzas
  • olive oil
  • fresh mozzarella (the kind that's in containers in liquid; usually in the deli area)
  • fresh basil
  • tomatoes  
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Brush each naan with olive oil.
  • Chop fresh basil into strips
  • Slice tomatoes thinly.  You don't want the tomatoes to be as thick as the kind you put on burgers.
  • Slice the mozzarella. 

  • Place mozzarella down first on the naan, followed by tomatoes and basil.

  • Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes and when you pull these bad boys out, you're going to wish you'd probably baked like a dozen more.  
The fresh basil on these is what makes these so super yummy!  You can never have too much basil in my opinion ;)

No comments