Harrison : Two Months Old


Well we managed to make it 2 months...woohoo! 

Weight: He weighs 13.27 pounds and is quite the little chunker.  His rapid weight gain has leveled off a little bit. 

Health: He had a little bit of a cold a couple weeks ago but thankfully it never turned into anything serious.   We have his 2 month pediatrician appointment coming up this week as well.

Sleep: Knock on wood, Harrison has been doing well most nights.  I think I finally got his bedtime and routine figured out.  You'd think that with this being the 2nd kid, I'd have figured it out a little earlier but not so much.  I've been putting him down for the night around 6:30 and he's been going 6-7 hours to his first feeding and then will usually go until 7-7:30AM before he's up for the day.  He has a couple nights here and there where he's back to waking up twice but thankfully he goes right back to sleep so Mama can go back to sleep too.

Personality: He is much more serious than Selah and I joke he's going to have forehead wrinkles by the time he's 2.  Lately we've been getting smiles and coos out of him so at least I know he likes me :)

Diet: After having such a hard time breastfeeding with Selah, it's such a relief to be doing so well this time.  I was already supplementing with formula by now with her and haven't had to use any this time around.  I'm setting small goals with breastfeeding so my next goal will be 3 months so here's hoping!

Clothes: Being that Harrison has himself quite an appetite, he has moved into 3-6 month clothes with just a few 0-3 month clothes left.  I'll be curious to see if he shoots up in the height department like Selah did.

Likes/Dislikes: He has really started liking his playmat, which is good because he's normally not a fan of laying on his back during awake time.  He really does not appreciate being woken up from naps to be put in his car seat if we're going somewhere and will let you know his displeasure.

Postpartum: I'm feeling pretty good, tiredness aside.  I've started working out again and that has helped me to feel better both physically and mentally.  I was chomping at the bit to workout again but was good and waited the full 6 weeks to get back at it.  And yes, I was not in great shape anymore but I'm getting back at it so it can only improve from here!

This little man has been such a great addition to our family, serious frowns included :)

No comments