Sweeping the Dust Off

Needless to say, my personal blog was seriously neglected.  Like, if it were a dog, I'd be in jail serving a sentence for animal cruelty but not before making a cameo on Animal Cops as a dog neglector.  Looking back on my last post over there, I was pregnant with our daughter, Selah, and was reveling in all the pregnancy glory.  Not really.  I was a bit of a hot mess emotionally for a large chunk of the pregnancy due to losing my dad when I was about 4 months along.  I tried to keep it together as best as possible for the sake of the baby I was carrying but lemme tell ya, some days it was really hard.

So what's happened since the last time I posted on my personal blog?  Well, my daughter (in true form to this day) was tired of life on the inside and decided that she wasn't going to wait 5 more weeks and out she came after a very fast ohdearlordmakeitstop 2 hour labor; with me never making it to a room and having her on a stretcher in triage.  And no I didn't get a discount for that...I checked ;).  I adjusted to becoming a mom and thankfully God blessed me with a great baby who slept through the night early and to this day is a pretty great sleeper.  Mama loves you extra for that kiddo ;)  We bought a 5 bedroom house in east Denver (plenty of room for more kids the husband said with a smile when we bought it) and while I wasn't initially sure I'd like living where it's flat with very little trees, I've really enjoyed it.  It's quiet, we're surrounded by hardworking ranching families and for the most part, people are a little less hostile, shall we say ;).

While I've had my photography business since 2007, I was seriously considering putting it on hold indefinitely after a very slow year 2012 and early 2013; part of that was my own doing by not taking several bookings while I was on maternity leave.  But apparently God had other plans because the second half of 2013 has kept me more than busy with family portrait sessions and I finally realized that focusing on these types of sessions is where I'm happiest.  I'll still do a handful of weddings a year but I'm not going to focus on them like I had in years past.

So now I'm a work at home mom to a now 18 month old (holy cow where has the time gone?!?), working on DIY projects around the house and satiating my shopping appetite on eBay.  I'll be posting all sorts of things, lemme tell ya :)  Mama and baby fashion, must haves for parents (i.e. moms really), and whatever else strikes my fancy that day.  So with that, I bid you adieu!

No comments