Weekly Pregnancy Updates : 21 Weeks

 | Jeans | Swing |

Nothing majorly exciting happened this week and clearly you can tell by what I'm wearing.  I finally reached a point where I decided it was time to hang up the non-maternity shorts.  I can get the zipper all the way up but because of how low I'm carrying, the zipper cuts right into little man's living quarters and not only is it super uncomfortable for me, I'm sure it is for him too based on how much he kicks when I was sitting down in them.  I could bust out my belly bands (and I still may) but for now, I'm just going with all elastic baby!  I did find our swing though, which I'm pretty pumped about.  I'd really contemplated back and forth for awhile between the Graco Sweetpeace swing and the 4Moms Mamaroo and it really came down down to a couple things: I'd heard of a few babies hating the Mamaroo and its movements and we had borrowed the Graco swing from a friend and Selah looooved that thing so I went with what was successful before.  And hoping that this baby is a swing lover like big sister was.

How Far Along: 21 Weeks (These are a week behind so I'm really 22 weeks this week.)
Maternity Clothes: All maternity bottoms now but I can still wear non-maternity tops...just depends on my mood.
Stretch Marks: No, fingers crossed.
Sleep: I started taking Valerian on the recommendation of my midwife and it's helping but would probably be a whole lot more effective if I didn't have that gawd awful nasal congestion.
Best/Worst Moment This Week: Finding the swing!  Yes...it's the little things.
Have You Told Friends & Family: Yes.
Miss Anything: Breathing through my nose.  And cool weather.
Movement: Holy cow, yes.  It's definitely more movement than not with this guy.
Food Cravings: This week it was chocolate cake.  I wanted thick, gooey chocolate iced cake and just grabbed a chocolate cake from the bakery section at our local store.  And was a little disappointed in its quality and lack of icing.  But not enough to keep eating it of course.
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick: Trash in general but who doesn't really hate the smell of garbage?  
Have You Started to Show Yet: You don't say?!
Baby Is A: BOY!
Wedding Rings On or Off: Still on but I have the fake wedding band I wore last time on the ready.
Belly Button In or Out: In but it seems like the top wants to pop out any second and the bottom is still laying low.  It's weird.
Happy or Moody: A few stressful moments this week but trying to maintain a good attitude! 
Labor Symptoms: I've been having Braxton Hicks for a few weeks but they're usually in the morning and nothing too bad.
Looking Forward To: Any guesses what I'm gonna say? ;) Fall...still fall.

No comments