What I'm Loving Lately

It's only the 2nd week of August and I'm all summered out.  We didn't do anything spectacularly awesome this summer other than more home renovations but when I say I'm summered out, I mean I'm done with the hot temps.  I'm just not meant for hot weather...especially when knocked up.  I've tried to keep my complaining at bay unless it's around the husband because he hates the heat as well so he gets it and can commiserate.  But, with August comes fall just around the corner and I'm in absolute heaven and I'm not so patiently waiting for it.  In the meantime, here are some things that have been brightening my days lately.

Continuing on the fall trend, I made a very quick dash into Walmart this morning to look for something in particular and headed to check out the candles because all of ours ran out at once.  I got my go-to vanilla scent and the pumpkin spice was the only fallish scent they had that this preggo nose could stand.  Some are a little too funeral parlor slash 1980's Elizabeth Taylor perfume for my taste.  And at $5 a piece, you really can't go wrong with these.

I normally get a small caramel Frappe from McDonald's about once a week but decided to give their chocolate chip one a try today; mainly because a small person who shall remain nameless likes to swipe my drink when I'm not looking and the last thing she needs is more caffeine/energy.  It's muy bueno and I kid you not...a whopping $1.09.  Put your credit cards away people.


I bought these shoes off eBay and they arrived this weekend.  I like little accents of leopard prints here and there and these shoes fit the bill and under $13 too!  I normally wear a 9 but these were big...definitely should've gone with an 8.5. I plan on picking up a couple other colors too.

So I'm no makeup guru by any means but I was looking to jazz my routine up a little bit (and help me look less tired...let's be honest) so I finally purchased the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and love it!

What I'd really love?  A freak August snowstorm :)

No comments