2...really???

**I was planning on posting this yesterday but instead was dealing with the misery of pregnancy-induced lactose intolerance.  I can't say no to mac 'n cheese.

Two years ago today at 2:34pm (thank you for giving me a time I can easily remember), we were blessed with the arrival of one Miss Selah McGinn Brown.


Granted we weren't expecting her for another 5 weeks and certainly didn't entertain the idea of me delivering her in triage on a stretcher because someone was not waiting one more second to get here but I digress!  She has been such a delight to parent.  Well, we know that's not true all the time; rewind to this morning when she got into my MAC eyeshadow compact and decided to finger paint herself and our carpet in a lovely dark purple.  But 99% of the time, I'm loving being her mama.  Slowing myself down to see the world through her eyes and what gets her excited is humbling.  If you think work is too important, stop and watch to see what a 2 year old thinks is awesome and you might think twice about things.  I love my polite little lady, 'pease' and 'kank you Mom'.  I love how she comes up to me, arms stretched out asking, 'hold you?'  Um yes, of course I'll hold you because I know there's going to come a day when she's too cool for boring old Mom and won't want to be held.

I don't know why this birthday is making me a little sad more than her 1st birthday did.  Maybe it's because she's definitely not a baby anymore and she's speaking in sentences and very clear about what she does (and certainly doesn't) want.  This past week I've been watching (and rewatching) old videos I have of her on my phone that I still can't seem to delete to make room even though they're backed up on the computer and on 2 hard drives.

In the meantime, I hope that her little 2 year old self feels all the love we have for her on her special day!


No comments