Weekly Pregnancy Updates : 16 Weeks


So I take these weekly photos in what will be the baby's nursery and it is still that gawd-awful hospital waiting room tan color that was all over the ENTIRE house when we moved in.  It does not photograph well.  Like, at all.  This was the best I could get it looking after some editing and color correcting.  And it also made me look jaundiced.  Go tan.  Probably the first thing I'll do after finding out if it's a boy or girl is paint it.  Well, second thing after going and buying some insanely tiny and, albeit, cute outfit that the baby will wear for a day before they grow out of it.

How Far Along: 16 Weeks (These are a week behind so I'm actually 17 weeks today). 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm totally thinking of deleting this line altogether because it will totally make me depressed even though I started this pregnancy in better shape and at a lower weight.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, other than the destroyed denim shorts I can't get enough of.
Stretch Marks: Nope...fingers crossed.
Symptoms: Tired.  Some days I can push past the tired but others, it just hits me like a ton of bricks.
Sleep: I got all cocky when I found out I was due in December because it would be cold when I'd be big and pregnant and the heat of the summer wouldn't bother me.  Ha. Ha.  Turns out I'm a furnace pretty much the instant that plus sign pops up on the test stick.
Best Moment This Week: Husband bought an in-window air conditioning unit to help his lovely on-fire wife sleep better at night.  It's totally trashy looking and I'm sure we'll get an HOA complaint letter but having an AC unit blast 65 degree air on you from 3 feet away all night long is divine and in the event we get said letter, he'll probably tell the HOA they can take it up with me.  Good luck making me get rid of it until October rolls around.
Have You Told Friends & Family: Yup.
Miss Anything: That darn pregnancy rhinitis (aka stuffy nose) is a killer and I miss breathing through my nose.
Movement: Seems to be moving more than big sister when it does.
Food Cravings: I still haven't fulfilled my Panera mac 'n cheese craving yet.  I'm not so obsessed that I'll drive 25 minutes away for the stuff.
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick:  Cleaning up the dog run.  That's a fun one.  And the stupid summer heat never quite cools off enough to make it semi-tolerable.
Have You Started to Show Yet: Yes.  Although some days it could still be a serious food baby.
Baby Is A: Not sure yet!
Wedding Rings On or Off: Still on.
Belly Button In or Out: Getting ever closer to becoming flush with the ol' belly.
Happy or Moody: Pretty good with some 'moments' here and there.
Looking Forward To: Finding out what this little one is at the end of the month!  And fall.  Still looking forward to fall.

And because the 'photographer' was telling me to work the camera...
 ...this is as good as it gets folks.

No comments